Sunday, August 06, 2006

My son and daughter in law have been staying here too this weekend - and have just departed.

He has loaned me his camera for a few days until my one is delivered. His is a Canon.

I don't have much of a clue how to work it (no instruction book with it) but just with these photos, taken this evening when the sun had gone in, I can see how very much better it is than mine one was.

The card is full, and I can't find my old camera - it will be here somewhere - otherwise I would have taken more!

But I thought that I would include these shots from a selection of flowers in my garden.

Fairly quick visits up to the allotment - 2 x half an hour each day, to see to the chooks and harvest. Tomorrow major pruning of hedges going on - so I am needed here.

Hope to get back to 'normal' up the allotment later in the week - not really any free time until Thursday. But as soon as it is humanly possible I will be there - working - and you will be the first to know.


Echinacea - so illuminating


Day Lily at the end of it one and only day of flowering.


Cardoon just turning into a seed head, with a family of bees enjoying the last of the pollen


Centurea Seed Head



Coreopsis with insect


Hollyhock with bee tucked up for the night.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pics. I love the Echinacea one. Very pretty. Nice to have the photos back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you have photos. thanks to the guy that let it us his. i love your flowers photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers Allotment Lady, and nice to see photos back on your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks becki, patsy and leonie for your encouraging comments. I was pleased that with the little time I had to take the photos, and in a dull light - without the flash (don't know how you use it), that I could take a photo with some nice close up detail.

    So when my camera arrives, and with a manual too, I hope to get some practice and improve my somewhat limited skills

    Found my camera, so now have a card to fill up - there might be no stopping me now!

    Really must be off to bed, Early morning lumberjact duties tomorrow LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I love the flower closeups. I have a picture of bees in a hollyhock on my blog also--I didn't realize they like to tuck up in them for the night, though.
    http://lifeontigermountain.blogspot.com/2006/07/pollen-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see the pics back AL!
    Missed them!

    Dx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment - it is very much appreciated. Your comment will appear after moderation.