This entailed cutting back the dead foliage from my raised beds. (Well I only managed one raised bed but its a great big one!)
I like to leave the foliage on the perrennial plants to let the insects and ladybirds etc overwinter safely. But they are waking up now - and I was fed up with looking out at the messy flower bed.
It took me four hours - and by the time I got to the clearing up, and going up the allotment to dump the stuff stage - I was too tired to take photos. I will do so tomorrow afternoon if I get time.
It is looking rather bare now, as I did a lot of pruning, but wait until summer and you won't recognize it. Pat is looking as though the has done all the work - but he is actually just taking the ivy off the flower tub! The bed I cleared was the one that runs right along to his left. I love plants, but he wanted the area cleared in front of (which was the chicken pen), so that he could easily walk around it, and could see the bantams running around there! So pruned the yellow pittosporum shrub and turned it into a tree. Plus the rose bushes, and I got him to dig out a big day lily, and one of these
A big clump of Japanese Anenome
I had so many garden bags and sacks of prunings that they filled up the car!
Whilst Pat was faffing about cutting the ivy, I mowed the lawns - just to clear away some of the winter debris and leaves
Ok, I know I haven't put it away, but I was just hanging around waiting for chauffeur!
I have all this end to do next!