We had to cover the spuds as frost was forecast a couple of weeks ago
The covers came off to reveal rows of thistle and dock weeds amongst the spuds and inbetween rows - which I have now weeded - it took ages
Another day I started the long job of digging up weeds
And dividing up the plot into more manageable sections
At least when I did that, it gave us much more 'job satisfaction
Mr Lottie dug out some well rotted horse manure so that I
could start planting pumpkins and courgettes
This is what it looks like now - after another three hours each today.
I came home with 2lbs of rhubarb and 1lb of gooseberries. I covered up the gooseberries as I don't have many this year - I gave the bushes a good prune last year - so I don't
want 'tea leaves' stealing the small amount I have - the 'curtains' act as a deterrent!
Off to put my feet up for the rest of the evening